Thursday, April 23, 2009

Building Faith in Myself

Hello gentle readers!



Day by day I am building faith in myself. I am beginning to trust myself to follow-through. In a personal growth class we were talking this week about the difference between "false hopes" and "healthy hopes." Our instructor said that healthy hopes are based on history.



If I "hope" to keep my studio and office clean and organizers AND I take action day-by-day towards that goal, then I have healthy hope.


If I "hope" to keep my spaces clean and organized but take no action, then I have false hope. It is false hope that makes the heart sick.

This is one reason that I outed myself about the piles in my kitchen space. I undermine my faith in myself every day that I walk by that stuff without taking care of it. I want to build faith in myself. I want to build a history of taking action. I want to have healthy hope.

What are you hoping for? Is it a healthy hope? What action can you take today to begin to build a history upon which to base your hope?


Yesterday I went into my art studio and created a project for an upcoming retreat. I must be breaking through my creative block...


Here is the mess I created:



Here is the project I created:







Here is the clean space I created:




And my studio is all ready to use for my next project!


Here's to a spirit of healthy hope!! Yay me!


Hugs,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment